Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Big, Huge, Gigantic Announcement!

I should have made this announcement yesterday but I was riding roller coasters at Carowinds with my very handsome husband so I am a little late.  The news, however, hasn't lessened in excitement.  If you have known us for any length of time then, you we have struggled with unemployment and under-employment for over 5 years.  A month after my husband and I brought home our4th child(which was fraught with danger of its own), his hours were reduced and then a couple of months later, he was laid off completely.  No benefits, no paycheck, nothing!  We were devastated but we knew that God was with us.  He had just shown us that with AJay and so we clung to that knowledge.  He began to put out applications and with much regret, he collected unemployment.  We had to have food on the table.  I went back to work waiting tables at night after taking off a few months to recover from the awful surgery that I had undergone.  We were able to survive and even though we accrued quite a bit of debt, we managed.  He began to work for his old company doing what I like to call freelancing.  He would also do some work for friends and at times, he had 3 jobs.  Again, we managed.  God was always with us.  We would hold our taxes to make our house payment during the year so that we could keep our home.  We were very blessed to have God lead us to a home that was well below what we could afford.  God definitely orchestrated that!  She could have asked us to pay twice for what she actually asked us to pay.  All that said to say......

Michael officially is back to work full time as of yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you see me doing a jig?  Full-time!  With benefits and vacation!  Woot Woot!  I am so excited.  This has been a long hard road with many detours and dead ends.  The whole unemployment thing was hard on Michael's ego  and his confidence.  With God's help, we weathered the storm.  We are a little beaten and bloody but our family is intact and we have a home and we have never gone hungry!  Thank You, Lord!  I don't know why You are so good to us but I am glad that You are!  So, rejoice with us!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...