10. There is this statue in Blue Earth, MN.
9. In NY, the penalty for jumping off a building is death.
Thanks for clearing that up, NY!
8. In Cali, no vehicle without a driver may go faster than 60MPH.
7. Minnesota and Kansas had a regular battle for the World's Largest Ball of Twine. Kansas won but recently the ball is turning into something different. More oblong and less round. Either way, is there nothing else to do in these 2 towns?
6. The geographical center of the US is Lebanon, KS.
5. America has over 250,000 rivers.
4. There are 6 states with no mountains. Can you name them?
Answer at the bottom.
3.The tallest mountain in the world is located in Hawaii. Mauna Kea is over 32,000 feet from the sea floor to its peak. Mount Everest in Nepal is the tallest above sea level. But Mauna Kea takes the prize overall!
2. Income tax was est after 1812 to pay off the national debt and discontinued in 1817 and reestablished after the Civil War to again pay off the war debt. It has never been discontinued nor have we payed off the debt. I think we must try another way!
1. Boulder, CO owns its own glacier. The only American town to do so.
Fun facts! Did you learn something? Did you guess the correct answers for #4? Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois, Nebraska, and North Dakota. There is no clear definition for a mountain so this answer is subjective to people living in each state. But we all know a mountain when we see one, right?