Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tasty Thursday!

I found a recipe a couple of years ago for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.  I adapted it to make them into cookies.  This year I have had an abundance of zucchini so I made some.  They are soft and delicious!!  Enjoy this recipe...it makes a ton of cookies so share with friends!  I suppose you could 1/2 it but I make the whole thing and freeze the dough for later use.  It will make about 7 dozen cookies and it is easy!








Ingredients:
1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs beaten
4 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking soda(yes, soda)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups chocolate chips

-Heat oven to 350 and spray the cookie sheets with spray or line with parchment paper.  They will stick a little either way.
-Cream the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.  I used my Kitchen Aid
-Add the egg, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix.  The dough will be thick so at the end you will need to do it by hand.  My Kitchen Aid struggled.
-Stir in the zucchini and chocolate.
-Drop spoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheets and bake for about 12 minutes.

They will keep for about a week, sealed or in a container.  Enjoy these and know that no one will know that there is zucchini in there unless you tell them!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...