Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We Want to Know....

null


I am hooking up with Mamarazzi for We Want to Know Wednesday.  She and Crazy Mama have some questions to be answered.  I have some experience with these question so I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.  Here are the questions:

1. If you are sick in bed how do you entertain yourself? TV, books, sleep?
2. Do you share your medical drama with the world or keep it to yourself?
3. Do you pray, send healing thoughts & hugs or good vibes to friends when they are ill or sad?
4. If someone offers to bring in dinner to you or your family, do you let them?
5. If you could ask for any meal or treat when you were sick/sad/healing, what would it be? 


1. If you are sick in bed, how do you entertain yourself? TV, Books, sleep?

I have had a lot of experience with this.  I spent 118 days on bed rest with my last child.  81 of those I spent in the hospital.  I spent a lot of time reading, watching TV, sleeping, playing games on POGO.com.  I prayed a lot and wrote journal entries and then prayed some more.  As for TV, there was a writers' strike that year so there were no new shows.  I rewatched all of the Cosby Shows and fell in love with Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs.  If you want to read a little more about my time in the hospital, then head over here .

2. Do you share your medical drama with the world or keep it to yourself?

I did share what was going on with me through a website called LotsaHelpingHands.  This is an amazing site that lets you keep people updated with what is going on with you and lets them sign up to help out with your needs.  Needs like food, transportation, prayer requests, childcare, etc.  My bed rest was before Facebook became popular so I this was all I had.  My friends sent my writings to their friends and who sent it to theirs.  We ended up getting letters from all over the world saying that they were praying for us.

3. Do you pray, send healing thoughts & hugs or good vibes to friends when they are ill or sad?

I am a firm believer in prayer.  I believe in God hearing those prayers and answering them!  I have seen miracles during my time on bed rest that the doctors couldn't explain medically.  I have prayed for others and seen the healing hand of God.  This study talks about prayer and healing.  But, God can't always be boxed in by science and studies.

4. If someone offers to bring in dinner to you and your family, do you let them? 

Absolutely, I live in the south and that is what we do.  Death, sickness, sadness, stress all call for food to be brought.  I had a hard time letting people help me at first but my husband explained to me that for some people acts of service is a love language for them.  To deny them the pleasure of helping you is to deny them the gift that God has given to them and thus to deny them a blessing.  We were so blessed by the 100s (yes, that number is accurate) of meals brought to us including Thankgiving and Christmas.  I like to take meals to people.  When I can, I do! 

5. If you could ask for any meal or treat when you are sick/sad/healing, what would it be?

My go to comfort food is mashed potatoes!  I love them!  KFC, Bojangles, or home made, I will eat them!  Bring them with gravy though or it is a deal breaker!

So how would you answer these questions?  Check out Mamarazzi's website for others who answered these questions and link up for yourself!    
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...