Monday, January 31, 2011

Motivated Moms

At the end of 2010, I entered a contest on Learning as They Grow's blog. I won a calendar from Motivated Moms. This calendar has on it chores for the day, tasks for the day, places for appointments, & Scripture reading. I was highly skeptical about it when I 1st downloaded it to my computer. I thought how can I possibly do all this. But on January 3rd(I was out of town on 1st and 2nd), I printed out my calendar for the next 4 days. The version I chose has 2 days on 1 side of a piece of paper. So I printed out front and back. I looked at it and thought, "How can I get all of this done?" I plugged away and assigned my kids some of the tasks as their chores. So far at the end of the month, my home is cleaner on the whole. I don't get as stressed out as I used to when I let stuff pile up. She has you do stuff like clean 1 shelf in the fridge. Do you know when the last time I did that was? Me either! Cleaning out the microwave once a week is so much easier than once a month. Crud can be really stubborn to get off.
I have missed some days due to work, home schooling, and sick children and sick me but I just pick the task that needs performing the most from the day I missed and add it on. I am going to try and do this for the entire year and maybe just maybe my home will be cleaner. Who am I kidding? Maybe I won't be yelling as much at the end of 2011. If you are interested just click on the link Motivated Moms Tell them I sent you! Let me know if you like it and how it goes. Well, I am off to clean the top shelf of my fridge. What is that stuff stuck on there?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...