Monday, February 20, 2012

Natalie Grant Tuesday

I love the singer Natalie Grant!  She is an amazing singer.  She gives Adele a run for her money.  The difference between Natalie and Adele is that Natalie sings about God and her relationship with Him.  I listen to her with my children.  They belt out her lyrics and I feel happy about that.  I pretend that I can sing her songs even though I am an alto.  I cannot hit a high note if my life depended on it.  In tribute to Natalie's songs that inspire me to grow closer to God and sing to the amusement of those around me, I want to highlight some of the songs that make my heart soar with worship and praise.  The 1st song that I chose is the 1st one I heard her sing:
"Held"
"This is what is means to be held, how it feels when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive.  This is what it means to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything failed, we'd be held."

Why does this mean so much to me?  Well, the 1st time I heard this, I was struggling with the healing from my abortion.  I had the sacred(life) torn from my womb and I survived.  In that time, I knew I had failed but I knew that God loved me no matter what.  Even though I had done something deplorable, He was holding me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...