Monday, February 20, 2012

My Very "Pintersting" Weekend

I was having a party with the lovely teenagers that I teach on Sunday mornings.  They are an amazing group of young women.  I needed some heavy hors de oerves(spelling, I was a Spanish major).  I had stockpiled some yummy recipes on my Pinterest account and so I made it a challenge to use them.  They were so good that people asked me for the recipes.  I am publishing these recipes with links back to the original sites.  I changed the recipes around to suit my tastes but the foundation came from those places.  So here they are with real life pictures of how they were received.

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

16 oz sour cream
1 2 oz package of bacon pieces
2c of shredded cheddar cheese
couple of shakes of Tobasco
finely chopped green onion
 1 Tbsp mayo

Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least 1 hour.  The original recipe which you can find here says to serve it with waffle fries but I served with potato chips(with ridges).  It was fabulous!

Chocolate Chip Dip(not a lot left)
Chocolate Chip Dip

1 pkg softened cream cheese
1/2 c softened butter
3/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

With mixer, blend cream cheese and butter until it is fluffy.  Then SLOWLY mix in powdered sugar and brown sugar and vanilla until blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips(mini ones work best).  Serve with Teddy Grahams or graham crackers.  Look for the original recipe here.

Bacon and Cheese Mini Frittatas

1/2 c finely diced onion
1 pkg bacon pieces
1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
dash cayenne pepper
dash black pepper
1 egg
4 egg whites(large)

Saute the onion until translucent and soft and add in bacon.  Set aside.  Beat the egg whites and egg together and add seasonings.  Stir in the bacon/onion mixture.  I used a little water, approximately 1 tbsp and stirred together.  Pour into greased mini muffin pans and bake on 350 for 20 minutes.  These are so wonderful that I found myself eating way too many.  Look here for the original recipe. 

Beef Enchilada Roll-Ups

1 pkg Tyson precooked beef strips
1 pkg softened cream cheese
2/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
chopped cilantro
1/4 c finely chopped green onion
1 can Rotel drained well
tortillas


Enchilada Roll-Ups
Cook beef according to the package directions.  Combine all the rest of the ingredients minus the tortilla.  Mix well.  Finely chop the meat and add to the mixture.  Stir until blended.  Spread mixture onto tortilla and roll tightly.  Set to the side.  Do this until all the mixture is used.  Chill.  Once they are chilled, they are easier to slice into pinwheel pieces.  You can find the original recipe here




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...