Friday, October 21, 2011

'Fess Up Friday

Hey, Y'all!  I hope that all is going well in the Blogosphere!  Confession time!  Mamarazzi is our gracious hostess again this week.  Head on over to her site and check out her confessions!  Here are mine:

I confess that I do not like Halloween.  I am not sure if I ever have.  Why spend $$$$ on a costume that they will wear once when we can barely afford shoes they need?  My kids think that I have lost my mind but my hubs agrees with me.

I confess that I love Halloween candy but only the good kind.

I confess that I still have candy in the pantry from last year's haul.

I confess that I need to clean out my pantry.

I confess that Steel Magnolias gets me every time.  I cry like a baby and I have seen it dozens(literally) of times.

I confess that I am excited that our family has decided to host some refugees from Clarkston, Ga.  They aren't originally from Clarkston but from all over the world. The people we are housing are Hindu.  They have never seen the mountains or the leaves change quite like they do here in western North Carolina.

I confess that I am nervous about hosting this family.  They don't speak a lot of English.  I am nervous that they won't like us or will think badly of us.  But I am trusting the Lord to enrich our lives through this experience.

If you would like more info on the refugees and what you can do to help.  Check out Friends of Refugees.




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...