Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ABCs of Me: Cussing, Carolina, & Coffee

My past posts on this blogging journey have been pretty intense. For the letter C, I thought I would lighten it up a little bit!  If you missed the last 2, you can see them here and here. You can read the others traveling on the journey with me at Proverbs 31 Mama.  Here we go!

Cussing

I dislike cussing or cursing, whichever you might say.  So many people just let the words fly in their everyday vernacular and they never realize that they are even saying it.  What happened to the days when men didn't use foul language around women?  I guess that respect for others has gone down the drain.  That being said, when I ask people at work to control their cussing, they do respect me enough to try.  One girl even introduced me to her friends as the woman trying to change the world 1 tongue at time.  This type of language can be effective.  If people heard me utter words like that, they would back up and know I mean business.  But, when you drop the "F" bomb like you would the word "the," the effect is lost.

 Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it.   Ephesians 4:29

Carolina

I was born in North Carolina and grew up since 4 in South Carolina!  I am a Carolina girl in my heart, born and bred.  I love my North Carolina Tarheels and pull for the South Carolina Gamecocks except when they play my Heels.  I know my history of both states.  I am proud of my southern accent and I can place a SC accent to within 50 miles.  I have no desire to live any farther north or south.  I love when people tell me that I sound southern.  Well, I am!  I may sound quaint or stupid depending on who is commenting but I still love the sound of a southern accent over any other one in the nation.  No offense to any other states but I think that the Carolinas are the best 2 in the union.  We have beaches, mountains, rivers, and, of course, Pepsi, fried chicken, Low Country boils, and grits.  Bless your hearts!

Coffee

I like, nay, love coffee.  I can't start my day without it!  Danger to those who encounter me before I have had it!  Just kidding(maybe)!  Coffee is wonderful!  I want to drink it so hot that it burns going down.  I will drink it black or with creamer.  I will not drink it cold!  Cold coffee drinks are an abomination and I avoid them at all costs.  I found a lump in my breast several years ago and the doctor suspected that it was a cyst.  He advised me to go without caffeine for a few weeks.  Everyone in my home was miserable!  Am I addicted?  Maybe but I can stop.  I really can! 

If you blog and want to join up with us, please do so!  I am going to go and enjoy this beautiful Carolina day with a cup o' Joe!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...