Lionel Richie sang a song called "Easy Like Sunday Morning". Ole Lionel must never have had to feed and get 4 children ready for church and then get them to the van and to church on time. Sunday morning is never easy. Being a mom, in general, is not easy. When the children are small, they require diaper changes, feedings, naps, cleaning, and cuddle time(required by moms). As they get older, they switch out diaper changes for school and naps for ball or music practice or dance. Sure, they can do more for themselves but they now require a taxi service and a personal shopper/stylist. They still need food and bathing but not as much cuddle time anymore. I have 4 kids that range from 5-10, 2 girls, 2 boys. All 4 play baseball or softball. They are schooled at home. We attend church several times during the week and do various field trips, play dates, and other extra curricular activities. Time can get away from us. I thought I would share how I get it all done. I know you are on the edge of your seats so, hang on......
1. I don't get it all done. At any time, my house will be in various states of disarray. I do rely on my children to do things around the house. They can dust, Swiffer the floors, load and unload the dishwasher, clean the bathrooms, wash, dry, and fold the laundry and put it away. Let them help. As they get older, you will be thankful and so will their spouses.
2. Reorganize the drawers in your home. This little step will make putting away laundry so much easier. Instead of stacking, put the clothes in rows.
3. Come up with easy to fix suppers. We have had ball this spring Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri nights and Sat mornings. We can either eat out every day or I can fix the kids something home made without breaking the bank. Grilled cheeses wrapped in parchment paper and home made potato chips in paper bags make a great to go supper. But these sandwiches are amazing.
Bread, tomato sauce(garlic salt mixed in), provolone cheese, pepperoni, butter
Spread sauce lightly on bread and line pepperonis on it and then cheese. Put the sandwich together and using the butter, grill them like you do grilled cheeses. Amazing! Hard to go back to the regular way!
4. Do small amounts of laundry. Do at least 1 load per day. That is so much easier than waiting until you have 6 loads. Keep is simple.
5. Pick 1 big project per 2 days(or week, if life is busier than usual). Work on it in small spurts until it is done. Like cleaning out cabinets or cleaning windows or Swiffering the walls. My pantry needs done. I will be doing that next week!
These are just ways that I am able to do all that I do. I work 3-4 nights per week and volunteer and home school and exercise 6 days. You can do it!