Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting....

Well, I have been here 2 weeks and everyone is just baffled as to how.  I, however, am not baffled.  I know that my prayers have been answered.  I prayed that my baby would make it to 25 weeks and he has!  With little amniotic fluid!  What are the odds?  Well, the odds are <.1%.  Yep, you read that correctly!  99.9% of all women whose waters break give birth within 2 weeks.  Through God's power, I beat those odds.  The doctors are very optimistic.  I have no infection thanks to 4 very powerful antibiotics.  I have not begun labor.  We are now just waiting.  That may be the hardest!

I have been away from my home and family for 2 weeks.  I miss them terribly but I know that I must do this for my son who is fighting to stay in my womb.  The kids visit several times a week but it is hard for them because I am 40 minutes from home.  We have amazing people keeping them, cleaning the house, cooking, and loving on them in my absence.  My mother-in-law, my church, and my family are worth their weight in gold. 

I get lonely here.  The nurses are becoming my friends.  I do have visitors and there is always the TV.  Mike Rowe and I are getting to know one another much better.  Some friends came and helped decorate my room for Christmas and another brought her new baby by to see me on her way home.  You can't believe how tiring just lying around all day is.  Bed rest is not restful at all.  I am reading like crazy and learning to do Sudoku.  Talking on the phone is becoming a past time and sometimes I feel like I am bothering people but the room gets awfully quiet. 

I am not sure how much more time I am going to have here in Rm 469 but I will eeek out every second to keep my little guy inside for as much time as I can get.  I am growing closer to the Lord here.  I can feel His protection all around the room.  I am finding peace in an impossible situation.  Thank You, God, for the extra time I am having with AJay.  Keep him safe until the day you decide for him to be born!


This is an excerpt from some notes I took during my hospital stay in 2007.  Check out how I ended up in the hospital in the first place here.  Just doing some remembering!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...