Monday, November 21, 2011

Traditions(Link Up)

I love traditions and I thought that over the next few weeks, we would talk about our favorite traditions for the various holidays coming up in the next 2 months.  This will be a weekly link.  There are only 2 rules:

1) Follow me by GFC or email or Network Blogs.

2) Mention my blog in your post.

I am looking forward to seeing the different traditions out there in bloggy land.  I may try and make a button but right now, I am not sure.  If you have an idea, let me know and then you can co-host with me.  If you follow me, I will follow back.  So let's go!  Link away!

As for my 1st tradition that I will be sharing this week, it is 1 that we started a few years ago so that my kids could remember all the things for which they are thankful.  We enjoy getting the posters out and remembering what we were thankful for in the past years.  It is kind of like a diary of thankfulness!  Above is a picture of this year's poster.  Pretty simple!  I trace the kids' hands onto their favorite color paper and cut them out.  They write(or I do for the little guy) their thing and then paste them onto a white foam board.  We use the front and back for different years.  At the end of the Thanksgiving season, I cover them with clear contact paper and keep them for next year.  This has become a favorite project for my kids to do and I love reading them!

What is a tradition that you want to share?  Write the post and then link up with me!  Don't make me sad ;(!  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...