Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh the People You Will Meet....

....when you work down on Main St. Names and locations have been changed to protect the innocent(and the guilty). If you find any similarities to yourself in here, then I am sorry! The truth is the truth!

I thought that I would write an ongoing post of the people I meet or things I see as I wait tables. Waitressing is a fun occupation and I love it but you meet some characters both good and bad.

1) A man using a stall in the ladies room and then turning around as he is "going" and asking me if he was in the ladies' room. Why can't they at least close the door? I cannot unsee that! Horrible!

2) Bunches of people like ranch for their pizza and there is nothing wrong with that. However, asking me to go to the restaurant next door and get it is not right! Do you go in Old Navy and ask them to go and get you a t-shirt from Target next door cause it would match better? No, you wouldn't! You go next door and ask for the ranch! We don't have it!

3) A couple having an obvious argument at the table. Yet, every time I come by and take an order, or deliver food, or ask how everything is, they both smile at me as if life is perfect! One exception to that is the lady who got up and walked out on her fellow! He was embarrassed and left quickly after she did.

4) A dirty old man with too much money and time on his hands. Please. don't ogle the girls who work here and quit offering them money to go home with you! Not enough money in the world for that!

5) Someone who is of age buying alcoholic drinks for the person who isn't. That is illegal and can get everyone including the bartender and server in trouble. This can involve fines of up to $2500 and losing of personal licenses and liquor licenses. Don't be an idiot!

Stay tuned next week for the next installment of "Oh the people you will meet"......
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...