Thursday, December 16, 2010

Transparent Thursday

1) Sometimes my kids bring home art work from school and I think, "What in the world is this?" I have to pretend to like it but it leaves me feeling confused. I secretly throw some of the art in the trash when they are sleeping. With 4 kids, I cannot keep everything, though my DH would love to.(Part of this was submitted by J.W. and embellished by me.)

2) I absolutely HATE some Christmas songs. Some artists think that just by shaking some jingle bells in a song makes it a great Christmas song. It doesn't! Talking about having the hots for Santa gives me the creeps! I, also, can't understand why certain artists sing about Baby Jesus when they are Jewish. Why? Cause they can make money off us saps, that's why! They don't mean what they are singing. So Barbara Streisand and Barry Manilow, cut it out! I, also, cannot stand Mannheim Steamroller or the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I know, I know! I just committed blasphemy to many of you but I am already stressed at this time of year and the frantic, synthesized version of great Christmas carols does nothing but accelerate my heart beat and make me move at a faster pace. Don't get me wrong. I love a synthesizer! I love 80s music! It makes me happy!

I'll take my Amy Grant, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and Michael Buble this season!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...