Sunday, November 28, 2010

If I had a dime

Guest post by my friend Kirsten Quatela on her blog Magnificent Mom Moments. I enjoy reading her stuff and she is also a talented photographer and graphic designer. I hope you enjoy reading this one! I laughed!

I don't know about you, but I find myself on constant repeat mode. Even the things I repeat are repetitive. It is to the point where I don't have anything intelligent to speak about with adults because my brain is on a short-wave cycle of the same phrases over and over. I could be a robo-mom. Except I know a robo-mom wouldn't butter a whole loaf of toast in one day like I can or do the dino-dance as gracefully as I can. (Barney anyone?)
If I had a dime for every time I said one of the following, I would be a rich lady. I would take all my dimes and hire a chef. (I debated a long time between a chef and a cleaning lady - and I decided I am not too uptight about cleaning, but I do have to cook every.single.day. and I would have way more free time to clean - or do other things - if I didn't have to cook) Unless someone was planning on hiring me a chef as a Christmas present. In which case, I switch my answer to hiring a masseuse.

1. Don't touch that.
2. NONonononononoo!
3. Kailin, leave your brother alone.
4. Leave the dog alone.
5. I said, leave the dog alone.
6. Please don't tease the dog.
7. How do you ask nicely?
8. Kailin, please listen.
9. I said listen.
9. LISTEN!!!
10. No we can not watch Barney.
11. No we can not watch Bob the Builder.
12. Step back from the tv please.
13. No more butter toast.
14. Cole - no throwing food buddy.
15. C'mon Kailin. We need to go.
16. What do you tell mommy when you have to go pee-ee??!
17. You can't take that from him/her.
18. STOP it.
19. We are sharing, right guys? S-h-a-r-i-n-g.
20. You know what? I LOVE YOU.
*Additions from the last 30 minutes:
21. Cole, I am going to feed you.
22. Please wait.
23. I said wait.
24. You have to be patient.
25. No banging on the table.
26. I am going to take your fork/knife/spoon away if you keep banging.
27. No more juice.



I could probably go on. and on.
There might be updates of this post as I think of more.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...