Monday, August 9, 2010

The Foundation

Our pastor, Ryan Pack, has started a new series on the book of Job. I have already been impacted heavily by this. Job, after hearing about his losses, his whole family, his wealth, mourned and then fell down and worshiped the Lord. I have always admired Job and his proverbial patience. I have wanted to live like Job. God sometimes speaks so loudly I feel like He is sitting beside me. During the past 2 sermons, god has been speaking to me. What is He telling me? Well done!!! You are more like Job than you know. I began to ponder what God had been saying.
God began to lead me through some tough situations in my life and how Michael and I handled them. I remember the shock of hearing that I could die. I remember the shock of hearing that the baby could die. I can tell you what I was wearing, where I was, who was with me, and what I was thinking. The scene was forever etched in my mind. If hadn't been lying on the ultrasound table, I would've fallen to the floor. I got up, cried, did some research(Job should thank God he didn't have the net), and mourned some more. I hadn't lost my fortune or my other kids but I was in danger of losing my life. I fell on my face and told God that I was not in control and I worshiped Him. He is the Creator and Keeper of all things!!! How could I be in control? As I was in the midst of my crisis, I chose to bless the name of the Lord. Blessed be your name, Oh Lord! Someone told me, in the story of the man who built his house on the sand and the and the man who built his on the rock. When the storm came, only one was left standing. Notice that both of them built their houses when the sun was shining. No storm clouds had come into view yet. How you react when the impossible or improbable happens directly reflects the foundation you have prior to the storm. On what is your foundation built? That is the most important. Build your foundation before your are tossed by the wind and the wave so that you might stand!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...