Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Easy Recipes

I have several family faves that are easy yet delicious and are staples in my home. I will be posting these over the next several days. If you have an awesome recipe that is easy and delicious, comment and I may post it to the blog. I will start with my home made spaghetti sauce recipe. My family will not eat sauce from a jar and tell me that they could eat it every night. I never have leftovers! You can make it as healthy as possible. In the summer, I use herbs and tomatoes from our garden(or the garden of the little old man up the street).

Sarita's Spaghetti Sauce:

Servings: 6-8 people

1.5 lbs of hamburger meat
1/2 onion
4 large cloves of garlic
Palm full of parsley and oregano
1/2 palm full of basil
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes(or fresh pureed tomatoes)
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes(or again fresh)
1 14 oz can of beef broth
Salt and pepper

Saute the hamburger meat with the onions and garlic. Note that if there is a great sale on meat, I will cook extra for the next week's sauce. Drain the beef well.
Put beef back in large saute pan or a pot and add salt and pepper to taste. I add it here to flavor the meat not the tomatoes. Also, add all the spices. Cook for 1 minute.
Add both cans of tomatoes and bring to a slow boil. Add the broth until it is the thickness you desire. Cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes and it will taste like you have cooked it all day. Serve over your favorite noodle with Parmesan cheese.

Next post I will feature my easy, home made vegetable soup!
Let me know if you try this and if you like it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...