Friday, February 26, 2010

Musings of a 36 year old


As I have come to the ripe old age of 36, I find that I have learned some things over the years. I thought that I would share them with my readers.

1. I am not nearly as important as I used to think I was.
2. Life is not ALL about me!(Just mostly)
3. The little things in life can make all the difference. They usually weigh 6lbs 9oz.
4. That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. It does leave behind scars.
5. My mother was right about most things.
6. Dads are important in the lives of their daughters and I still seek my dad's approval. I want my daughters to have a great relationship with their dad.
7. The need to fit in with your peers doesn't disappear after high school.
8. I cannot eat anything that I want and not gain weight. I can eat nothing and still gain weight. What is up with that?
9. Running is not just something you do to get away from people.
10. Being a size 6 is not the end all be all in life. A size ___ is great!
11. A woman of great character is more stunning than one of great physical beauty.
12. 40 is not that old! No, I mean that!
13. Family doesn't just mean those related by blood. Some of my closest family isn't related to me at all genetically!
14. I would rather have 1 friend who gets me than a ton of them who are just superficial.
15. The scribblings of a 2 year old are more valuable to me than a Van Gogh.
16. Idealism must be exchanged for realism. Life is not ideal but real.
17. I am not invincible but I know the One who is.
18. Being poor, monetarily, is not all that bad. Being poor in spirit and character, is all that bad!
19. We need help from others from time to time.
20. A relationship with the God of the universe is the most important relationship that I can have.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...