Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easy Recipe #2

Chicken Pot Pie
Everyone loves it except my oldest child

2 deep dish pie crusts
2 regular pie crusts
1 large can Veg-All
1 14 oz can corn
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of potato
Garlic powder
Salt and pepper
3 bone in chicken breast(my husband doesn't like dark meat in casseroles)

Boil the chicken(I usually add pepper and garlic powder to water). Remove from pot and let it cool. Shred or cut into pieces, depending on preference.
Mix together Veg-All, corn and soups. Mix in chicken and salt and pepper to taste. I add garlic powder but we love garlic in this house so it is up to you. I usually mix this in 2 bowls because I don't have a bowl large enough to accommodate all the ingredients.
Pour the mixture into the 2 deep dish pie crusts and top with the regular pie crusts. It is easy to get the regular pie crust from the pan if it is just out of the freezer and your run the bottom of the pie crust under hot water. This makes a beautiful pie. Poke holes in the top. You can brush the tops with either egg or butter. It makes for a crispy, shiny top.
Bake in a 375 oven for 30 minutes. You can eat both now or freeze one after it cools. I always have one in my freezer to have at last minute's notice or to take to a friend. It is delicious!!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...