Saturday, December 12, 2009

Miscellaneous

Well, December is here and I am pleased to say that I have maintained my weight loss through the Thanksgiving holiday and hope to continue that through the Christmas season. I will set a new goal for 2010 when it rolls around. Michael and I ran a 5K last week and I am pleased to say that I knocked about 3 minutes off my time from last year. I moved up from 184/200 last year to 94/209 this year. I want to keep on improving.
Michael and I also celebrated our 10th anniversary this past week. We spent the week at Myrtle Beach without the kids(thanks to both sets of grandparents). This week allowed us to catch a glimpse of each other and the reasons that we fell in love. Sometimes, when you are up to your elbows in diapers, children, and life, it is hard to see your spouse as your spouse. I remembered that my husband has a great sense of humor and most of the time, he is extremely funny. We talked of our goals and dreams for the future and spent some time just sitting in silence(a precious commodity when you have 4 kids). There was no work, no cooking, no cleaning, no arguing children. There was just "us" time! I love that man of mine!
The best thing is that we came back refreshed and revived and ready to parent our children again. Ultimately, the kids will benefit from healthy parents who have a healthy marriage.
I am making my New Year's resolution for 2010. I kept the ones I made last yearand I have every intention of keeping these, as well. God(and this blog) kept me accountable. When lots of people are reading your weight and fat content, you are motivated to make sure they are reading low posts! It wasn't always that simple and there were months that I lost nothing, in fact I would gain but I knew that people would see that I was not accomplishing what I set forth and that motivated me work just a little harder. I have enjoyed this journey with you and look forward to our journey together in the New Year!
So to my Jewish friends, Happy Hanukkah!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...