Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's coming....

I just wanted to share with you a few thoughts about what I think is coming and what we can do as a community to prepare. Everyone is experiencing an economic downturn. There are jobs being lost, 401Ks disappearing, and bills needing to be paid. I find it hard sometimes not to get overwhelmed by all the bad stuff that I see all the time. I have felt that something bad has been coming for a while and have begun preparing my family. First off, I have quit paying attention to the main stream media alone and I get my news from a varied amount of sources. I think that I get closer to the truth that way. Secondly, I have begun stockpiling necessities for my family. Food that has a long shelf life and paper goods(though toilet paper seems to disappear down the same black hole that socks in the dryer do). Did anyone see the news reports about people trampling each other the day after Thanksgiving? This was for a good sale on toys and nonsense. Can you imagine what things will be like if people are out of food? If you are prepared, then you won't have to be out in that craziness. I am going to include this link to a list that you can keep for yourself and your family.
Thirdly, look to your neighbors and church for help. This is what America does better than anyone else in the world. We help each other out. If there is some global catastrophe, the US will be the last place that the UN helps. Fourthly, don't panic. If you are a child of God, then you know that you are covered by Him and He will provide. But God gives us the brain and the where with all to survive. Use those God given assets to take care of yourselves and each other. Lastly, pray. If my people pray and humble themselves and seek My face, then I will hear from Heaven and heal their land. Thus saith the Lord!
I hope I am wrong but this can even help in a flood, hurricane, or snowstorm! Boy scout motto: Always, be prepared!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...