Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions! What Resolutions?

Sorry, I have been gone for awhile. Christmas vacation and all. We have had a crazy time recently. Our van broke down the Friday before Christmas and then on Christmas night in Greenville on the side of the road in a bad section of town. Then, the tow truck company lost our van. I mean the van is a 4000lb object and not a Hot Wheel. The driver, conveniently, forgot it at his home for about 18 hours. Consequently, we couldn't get it looked at until the Monday after Christmas. Then, AJay developed RSV and a double ear infection and we had to give him breathing treatments and many meds so he wouldn't have to go to the hospital. He is getting better, thanks to prayers and Amoxicillan. So, we have been cooped up in a house with 4 kids and not able to go anywhere except work. Four, cabin fever kids! What to do? As if that weren't enough, a family member of mine had some trouble and was lying in ICU in a touch and go situation. She appears to be doing all right but we are still waiting on liver and brain damage assessments. All in less than 2 weeks. I have also been working more hours than normal and, thankfully, making some money cause with the money pit that has become our van, we are going to need it. I don't handle stress as well as I used to. I don't know why. I thought that you were supposed to mellow with age. Not me!
Anyway, as far as resolutions. I made some at the beginning of 2008. I love making them because I know that they won't be kept. One I made, last year, was to lose weight. I accomplished that. I knew when I made it that I would. I was a fat, bedridden pregnant woman. Thus far I have lost 20 pounds. That would include baby and all the parts that go along with a baby. He was only 4.6 lbs when he was born so I like to think I lost 16 lbs on my own. Whatever, I still lost weight. Even if I had died during surgery, I would've lost weight. Bad joke, I know!
Another one I made was to grow closer to God. I have done that. I have been a part of a miracle and watched God do some awesome things in our lives. I have seen His power up close and personal. To be a part of something like that is an honor. I love to hear how things "shouldn't have been" and yet they were. Or how AJay survived in my shredded uterus and wasn't floating around in my abdomen was something medical science couldn't explain. So, I grew closer to God in a way that I wouldn't have chosen for myself but in a way that I would not change for a government bailout.
For 2009, I want to make the same 2 resolutions: to grow closer to God and to lose weight. My goals are to pray more with my hubs, read my Bible more, and learn more about what He wants to do accomplish in my life!
As far as weight goes, I got on the Wii Fit this morning and measured myself. I am going to be brave enough to tell you my results. I am 165 lbs and have 26.66 BMI. At the end of 2009, I want to be 150 lbs and under 23 BMI.
On both of these, I want you to hold me accountable. In that respect, at the end of every month, I will post my results and you can help me monitor and stay on focus. If you see me eating Krispy Kreme or chocolate cake (except on my birthday b/c we all know calories don't count then) then slap me or fuss at me or something. I, also, want to run a 5K again this year so I will shoot for the one in December 2009.
May you be safe this New Year. Ring it in with gratefulness and joy at surviving a rough year and with hope that 2009 will be better! Much love from the Edgerton home!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...