Thursday, July 10, 2008

Badge of honor

Have you ever seen the old west movies that have the bad criminal who is wreaking havoc all over Dodge City? Who comes to save the day? It is the sheriff or the US Marshall! He rides in on his steed, wearing his ten gallon hat, and brandishing his weapon. What do we see gleaming on his chest? A tin star. All shiny and bright and glinting in the sun. It is his badge of honor. The bad guys don't stand a chance against that.
Well, come to my house and things aren't all that different. My house has bad guys and right now they come in the form of anything that flies. They wreak havoc in my home causing screams of terror from the kids who think that they are bees or wasps. Who comes to save the day? I, the sheriff of Edge City. I come in on my slippers, wearing a UNC ball cap, and brandishing my weapon(a flyswatter). What is that on my chest? A tin star? No, it is the unmistakable circle of spit up from my newborn. All stinky and white and staining. It is my badge of honor. The bad guys (flies) don't stand a chance against me, except for spiders and I run screaming in terror to my husband, the mayor!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...