Saturday, June 28, 2008

VBS

Well, what a week it has been!! We just finished Vacation Bible school at our church. I helped out with the 2nd graders and had a lot of fun. Those kids don't pull any punches. We asked the kids what it meant to be a Christian and one girl said something that stuck with me. She said that she was lying to her friends and then she realized that that behavior was wrong and thanks to Jesus, she began "unlying." That was her word and I thought wow! Profound word for a word that really is not a word. You follow? I thought have I unlied to the people that I have lied to over the years? I don't know that I have. I have begun to pray that God will reveal to me when I need to unlie. From the mouths of babes!
We also learned the fruits of the Spirit. I think that these qualities are great regardless if you are a Christian. They are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. If people in the world would just follow these tenets, how much better a world in which we would live. Christian and non-Christian alike! I know that I have a hard time with some of those and am working on becoming a better person. So, I guess that VBS isn't just for kids.
On other news, I have started back to work. I will be waiting tables again at Mezzaluna in downtown Hendersonville. I hope that we are going to open next week. We kind of need the money. I know that everyone knows what that is like. I, however, have been out of work since last Halloween and we have lots of stuff piled up. So, if you like good Italian food(all made locally) at reasonable prices, come and eat. I'll post when we open. Hope to see you there and don't forget to tip your waitress! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...