Thursday, May 17, 2012

Me? Organize? Nah, Surely Not

If you know me, then you know how not organized I am.  My house is a mess at any time and my thoughts are even more cluttered.  But, for about 2 years now I have been trying to think of a way to organize my Family Fun.  I came up with a method so forgive my madness.  Here are what my magazines look like:



I have a bunch.  When I get them, I turn down the pages of the ideas, recipes, or crafts that I honestly think I can do. I get brutally honest with myself.  Too many steps or ingredients and I don't keep it.  Then, I tear them out.


I punch holes in them with a 3 hole punch.  Then, I organize them in a way that I can find them again.  My categories are: Christmas, Valentine's Day, Fall(Halloween, Thanksgiving, Back-To-School), Winter, Spring, Summer.  I had some file folders that I wasn't using.  They had pockets and they were purple! I labeled tha folders and stuffed the pages inside.  If there were more than 1 page, then I staple them together.



When I have them in their proper places, then I take the magazines and donate them to a local preschool so that they can reuse them as necessary. 



This is just 1 little way that I can get some of the clutter out of my home.  Now, that I have the system in place, I can just do it with 1 magazine each month.  Makes me feel so much better about life!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...