Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shelter

Have you ever felt like London, 1943?  You know the planes are coming and they are loaded with hatred from the enemy.  You can hear them.  The sirens are blaring and the noise is deafening.  The bombs are going to drop and unleash their destruction but you don't know when or where it will happen.  You turn and run for the shelter....  That is how I am feeling today.  I know that the attack is coming.  I can feel it.  I can see evidence of the destruction around me but I don't know when or where it will happen.  Most likely in the middle of the night but I can't really tell.  I need to run to my shelter.  Here are some scriptures that call the Lord shelter.  That is where I am running to hide:

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5

I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm. Psalm 55:8

I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61:4

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. Isaiah 4:6

These bring me comfort knowing I can run into the shelter of the Almighty God's arms and He will never fail or desert me!  Thank You, Lord!  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...