Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Design on a Dollar-The Contest

As I announced in my post last week, I am sponsoring a contest for the person who can decorate the best table using only things acquired for a dollar. We are all on a budget crunch so I thought that this would be the best way to spur our creative genes without destroying our pocket books. Here is the table in my foyer:






The table cloth was $1. The paint can was $1. The bunch of flowers was $1(fake) and the little dish was $1. The place mat was, you guessed it, $1. I put the Willow Tree statues and the picture of my family there. Those were gifts and so technically they were free but would not count in the contest. But, since I cannot win my own contest, I used them!

I cannot wait to see what you come up with this week. So here are the rules:
All decorations must come from the dollar store.
You must have your submissions in by Sunday October 2 at 11:59 EST. We will judge on Monday and announce our winner on Tuesday October 4.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...