Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple Cake Recipe

I made an apple cake with some apples given to me by a friend. I opened my Betty Crocker cookbook published most recently in 1991 but originally in 1969. This was a carrot cake that I adapted to apples cause I didn't have any carrots and I had apples so really a no brainer. I tried to find it on Betty Crocker but everything on there is using a box recipe. There are a few home made recipes but you have to be a member to access them. It is free and worth it!
Ingredients:
1.5 cups sugar
1 c. vegetable oil(I used canola, it is what I had)
3 eggs
2 c. self-rising flour
1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 c. chopped apples(I used granny smith)
1 c. nuts(Optional)(I left these out cause I didn't have any)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a rectangular, glass pan. I used 13x9x2 inch one. Mix sugar, oil, and eggs in a mixer. Beat for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the apples. Beat for 1 minute. Stir in apples and nuts. Pour into a pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Mine took 40 minutes exactly. Stick it with a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes clean, it is done. Let cool for 5 minutes and cut it. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top and that was delicious. You can add a cream cheese or caramel icing or leave it plain.

My family loved it and asked for more. It is moist and yummy! Super easy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...