Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

I haven't updated my weight loss/getting fit status in a while. I have been doing different things to maintain my weight and tone up. I did start P90X and am beginning week 9 today. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight because I think I am at the bottom of that barrel. I started it to see if I could do it, mainly. I had heard reports that people much younger than I couldn't finish the first few work outs or that they threw up after doing it. I heard that it is extreme. Well, they are right, it is extreme! But, I never threw up and I got through the 1st few without having to stop. At 36, I consider that a victory. If I am being honest, I didn't finish the 1 1/2 of yoga. It was too much. I did 45 minutes and realized that there are just some positions that a woman of my age shouldn't be in!
So if I haven't lost any weight, then what are the results? I have lost nearly 11 total inches on my body. Inches of fat are gone everywhere! I did gain a 1/2 inch on my arms but it is muscle. I have lost almost 2 on my hips and 1 around my gluteous maximus! I have lost 1 bra size(Not cup but around) and now I can get into a size 6. I haven't been that small in years! There are 2 significant changes that I count as my success. One is my endurance level is up. I ran 2.5 miles yesterday without any problem and since my muscles are stronger my knee didn't hurt at all. Two is the fact that I have lost almost all of the cellulite on my backside and legs. These things will make bathing suit season less traumatic this year. I still don't look forward to it but I don't dread it.
I have 25 more days to go on this extreme journey. I am beginning to crave the soreness in my muscles and the fatigue that I feel. I hope that by the end of this exercise regime, I can say that I finished and finished strongly! Oh, that APB I put out on my hip bones last year can be canceled. I am happy to say that they made a reappearance and are no longer lost to me. Now, if only my butt would go missing! I wouldn't even look for it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...