Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Already?


Seems like we just rang in the New Year for 2009 but here we are about to usher in a New Year. I love the idea of renewal and attempting to be just a little better today than I was yesterday. I looked back at my resolutions from last year and realized that I had kept each one! I am pretty proud of that. I got down to my goal weight of 145 and I am in better shape than I ever have been(even in my 20s). I feel like I am healthier physically than I was in January 2009!
My 2nd resolution was to grow closer to the Lord in 2009. I like to think that I did. I spent more time in the Word and in prayer. I like to think that I listened a little more to the still small voice inside of me guiding me in the right direction. I guess God is the only accurate judge of that one.
So in the spirit of keeping resolutions, I will make some more! Number one is be a better friend, wife, and mother than I was in 2009. That means listening more and fussing less. I want to focus on schooling my children and loving their progress rather than honing in on their failures. I want to support my husband in his decisions and quit being his Holy Spirit(we are all that for someone else at times). I want to be the friend that opens her home no matter the condition of that home. I want my friends to feel welcome and loved when I am around! I love all the people in my life, my family and my friends.
Number 2 is to lose the last 10 pounds and achieve my pre-wedding weight of 135 lbs! It can be done and I am excited for this and the precious challenge! I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store, so BRING IT ON!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...