Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

Today is the day that we honor and celebrate those who serve in our military. I know that technically we should only honor those that served in a war or military offensive, however, in an effort to teach my children the importance of soldiers and their families, our family honors all those who have served. I want them to know and appreciate the sacrifice that these people make. This is a job that I couldn't do but I am so thankful that someone can!! The men and women who serve around the world and at home to keep the US free deserve a special day and I am glad to celebrate it! To those who are WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq I & II, and Afghanistan, thank you for the price you have paid. Some of you lost friends and some of you lost body parts. So today we do our Veteran's walk(or in the case of today, drive) where we deliver homemade goodies and thank you cards to our neighbors and friends. Brownies don't make up for the sacrifice but it is a small token of our appreciation!
Jack Allison, Mr. McGuinn, Rich Irish, and Jurney Edgerton, we honor you today!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...