Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankfulness...


No matter how hard this year has been for us this year, we have so much for which to be thankful! I know it sounds cliche and all but the sentiment is true. We have never gone without food and been hungry or been cold. We have always been fed spiritually and have not experienced a drought in that area. We have a home and haven't had to sleep unprotected from the elements except for when we went camping and that was by choice. We have friends and family who are there for us when we are having good times and bad. I have a great group of ladies in Bible study without whom I can rarely get through the week. We are able to home school our kids and instill in them the values that we hold dear. We have children when so many can't and are heart broken. My oldest daughter accepted Christ into her heart this year and we are thankful that we will spend eternity with her! We have a great marriage and love each other so much.
I am thankful for the country in which I live despite the fact that I don't like the road on which it is going! I am thankful that even now and maybe for just a short while, I am able to express my opinion about my disagreements.
I am thankful that I get to hang out with some of the greatest young people in the world. I love seeing them and teaching them and hearing about their lives. They are awesome young men and women and I hope that they grow into great men and women of God.
I am thankful that the God who created the world would take a moment and spend time with me. He pursues me and wants, no, craves a relationship with me. I am grateful for the woman He is molding me to be. We talked this week that God could just mass us into groups and ZAP!!! we are all saved! But He does it individually in order that we might choose Him. Forced love is not love at all!
For what are you thankful in the year 2009?........
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...