Friday, August 21, 2009

My Place

"Son, you are now 18 and you must get out of this house."
"But, Dad, where will I go? I am still in high school."
"I don't know and, frankly, I don't care. I have fulfilled my responsibility and you must leave. You have until tomorrow evening."
Conversations like this go on all the time around our country. Young people who, for various reasons, are left without a home. In our community, someone is doing something about this program. I can't imagine anyone turning their back like that but it happens. A good friend of mine has had this problem. My Place WNC gave him a place to live. He was recommended to the place by his guidance counselor. He was not put out into the street but was given a shelter and a community of people who are like him but are learning to care for one another. When they are sick, they know that there will be people who are concerned for their well-being. Check out the website www.myplacewnc.org.
I am pleased that Mezzaluna Pizzeria and Taphouse on Main St in Hendersonville, NC is donating 20% of their total sales on Tuesday, August 25 from 11 am to 11 pm. I work here and can attest to the deliciousness of the food and the wait staff is awesome(I wait tables). Please, come in and eat on Tuesday. Let's pour money into this home so that other young people can come in off the streets. Many blessings to you and see you on Tuesday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...