Thursday, September 26, 2013

ABCs of Me: Kharma, Kharma, Khameleon

     I believe in kharma.  I am not a believer in the actual definition of KHARMA which is actions and beliefs of a person including their previous lives affect their current existence.  I don't believe that there is a such thing as a previous life.  I AM a believer in the current cultural definition which is what goes around comes around.  What we put out there comes back to us.  If we are negative, then negative comes back to us.  If we are bad, then bad things come to us.  The Bible puts it this way, what you sow, you will reap.  I believe that!  That philosophy doesn't always explain why cheaters advance or murderers go free.  I believe that ultimately we have to answer to God for what we do or don't do.
    I try to teach my children to treat others better than they would themselves want to be treated.  This is not the golden rule.  It is the platinum rule!  We don't always want to be treated well.  That is why we abuse our bodies with alcohol or drugs or sex or cutting.  We want to punish ourselves or cover up our flaws or hurts or faults.  Thus, treat others better than we treat ourselves.  Do you want someone to be kind to you?  Be kinder to them than they may deserve.  Do you want someone to help you?  Help out someone else!  What you sow, you reap!  The Father in Heaven sees you and knows the intentions of your heart.  Thus, we should do everything tempered with love.  Without love, we do things with a selfish motive.  What will this get me, if I do XYZ
    Christ did everything with love.  He came to earth because He loves us!  He endured beatings and mocking because He loves us!  He survived temptation in the desert and the separation from His Father because He loves us!  What did that love get Him?  The earth is His footstool.  He gets to sit at the right hand of God.  He gets to fellowship in Heaven with those whom He loves and believe in Him!  Bonus: we get Heaven and eternal life!  All we have to do is believe!  The rest of the work is done for us.  Christ treated us better than we deserved and better than we treated Him.  The Platinum Rule!  We must follow in His footsteps!  I am!  My children are!  Are you?





I have made it all the way to the letter K in the blogging through the alphabet challenge with Proverbs31Mama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...