Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Chiffon Pies

Many, many people have asked me for my Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe.  It is only mine because I stole it from Housewife Eclectic.  So, here it is:

Ingredients:
1 pkg unflavored gelatin
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 C. milk
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 C. canned pumpkin


Also:
2 egg whites
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. whipping cream, whipped.
1 pre-baked pie crust.

Combine the 1st set of ingredients in a sauce pan, mixing the dry ingredients 1st before combining them with the egg yolks, milk, and pumpkin.  Cook over medium heat until the gelatin dissolves and it comes to a boil.  Remove from heat and set aside to chill.  I put it in the fridge because I am impatient.

Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and have soft peaks. Then, add the sugar until the peaks are stiff.  Fold into the chilled pumpkin mixture and then add the whipped cream.  Mix well and pour into pie crust.  Chill and serve with whipped cream on top because let's face it, you can never have too much whipped cream, right?  I will be doubling this and freezing it until Christmas.  You will love this pumpkin pie.  I do and I don't like pumpkin pie. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...