Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Easy Peasy

I have several friend who tell me that they can't cook or that they don't have time to cook.   I argue that point and will prove that with a series of recipes that are as simple as opening cans or cutting veggies.  I have 4 kids and a job and I educate my children at home.  I, also, run and teach a Bible study and mentor senior girls in the youth building at church.  All that to say, I am as busy as anyone else.  Let's start with an easy peasy chicken recipe:

3 chicken breasts bone in
Basil
Lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
5 medium size potatoes
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 tomato
2 tbsp oil

First, wash chicken and place in baking dish.  Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Pour in 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup water and cover tightly with foil.  Heat oven to 300 and cook for 2 1/2 hours.

Line another baking dish with foil and cut up the veggies.  Put the veggies in the dish.  Season with salt, and pepper and garlic powder.  Pour in the oil and stir the veggies until well coated.  Place the dish in the oven with the chicken and cook until veggies are soft.  After eating, remove the foil and the dish is clean.  So clean up is  a cinch!
This will feed my family of 6 with plenty of leftovers!

Enjoy! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...