Monday, January 2, 2012

My One Word

Resolutions? No.  Diet? No?  Exercise? No.  I found my one word yesterday during the sermon at church.  Our pastor spoke on resolutions and how resolutions are things where we say, "I resolve."  That implies that we do these things through our own strength.  The word he used was renewal.  That word really resonated with me.  I want to begin this year different from the last one.  I don't want to be the same person I was.  Not that there was anything majorly wrong with me.  I just want to continue to improve  but I cannot do that by myself.  I(and all humans) tend to revert back to my innate nature which is sinful. 
I want to live this year more focused on God.
I want to be more willing to be used by Him.
I want to serve Him unconditionally.
I want to give more of my time, my heart, and my money.
I want to be more obedient.
I want to guide my children to walk beside Him daily.
I want to love God with my whole heart, my whole, mind and with my whole strength.

To do that I need for God to renew me.  Pastor Ryan read from Psalm 5:10-12.  It reads:

Create in me a pure heart and renew within me a steadfast spirit.  Do not cast your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


I want God to purify my heart.  I don't want to continually be pulled between the world and God.  I want Him to renew me by making my spirit steady with His.  My spirit will waffle otherwise.  I want to be restored to my 1st love and His salvation.  And make me more willing and obedient so that I can be sustained.
 
Thank You, God, for speaking so clearly to my pastor and then to me.  Father, I pray that you will renew me and cleanse me and steady me.  Almighty God, bring the fire of your salvation to me and humble me so that I may be obedient.  In all things, I seek Your ways cause they are higher than mine.  I am willing to go where You send me and help those You bring in my path.  May You guide my paths and make them straight.  Protect me from the enemy who is seeking to push me off the path and keep me from doing Your will. 
Amen and amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...