Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas songs

Seems like Christmas songs are being played earlier and earlier every year. This year I heard a radio station playing them the week before Thanksgiving, NON-STOP! That is too early. But, come the Sunday after, when we are putting up and decorating the tree, I am ready. Like most people, I have some songs that I absolutely love and some that I hate. Here is my list:
Songs that I love:
1. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant(my all-time favorite)
2. Angels We Have Heard on High
3. I'll Be Home for Christmas Michael Buble I listened to this song while I was in the hospital for Christmas and cried and in my heart I was home.
4. White Christmas by Bing Crosby even though I have never seen one
5. Christmas Shoes by Newsong makes me cry every time

Songs I detest:
1. Santa Baby by anyone What a waste of talent!
2. Do you hear what I hear? I know I am in trouble with some of you
3. 12 Days of Christmas too long!!!
4. Do they know it's Christmastime?
5. Happy Christmas(War is Over) by The Beatles

These last songs make my Christmas horrible and I try to avoid them like the plague. Christmas is supposed to be happy but when I hear these songs I just want to plug my ears and kill the iPod or radio!
I know that we all don't have the same taste as each other. As a matter of fact, 3 of my top five made another person's worst list and he had #5 of my worst on his best. I guess there is no accounting for taste, right? Most of us like music for the feelings that it inspires within us. Songs have a powerful way of taking us back to a memory. I think the traditions that we grow up with influence the views the most. So enjoy your Christmas songs, whatever your taste might be and allow them to get you in the spirit! Merry Christmas!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...