Thursday, May 7, 2009

If my people....

Today is the National Day of Prayer. This is a day that Christians are supposed to join all day in corporate prayer for our country and its leaders. We also pray for our churches and our local governments, our schools, and our families. We meet at the court house or at our flag poles and pray. For my family, we met around the living room and prayed. We take this verse from 2 Chronicles 7:14: "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, then I will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sins, and will heal their land."
I love the promises given in this verse. They are not maybe statements but will statements. God says, "I will." What will He do? He will hear from Heaven. That is a great promise because I know that I am not alone, ever. He can and will hear me and my petitions. He will forgive their sins. Thank you, Lord, for that! None of us are righteous, no not 1 and we all need forgiveness. He doesn't state that some of us get forgiven but all who ask. He will heal their land. The USA definitely needs some healing. We are infected, defective, and bleeding! We are thirsting and starving and don't realize that help is just a drop to your knees away!
The time has come in America for Christians to stop sitting around and waiting for God to happen. The verse clearly says that He will but not before it states the conditional part: If My people humble themselves and pray and seek My face. We are to do 3 things in order for His 3 things to occur. Humble ourselves. We are a prideful people who need nothing from God and yet curse Him when things like 911 happen. Pray. We need to pray, and I don't mean on this 1 day but everyday, as if our existence depended on it. If we are passionate about people or life, then we should be crying out like Jeremiah did. We should be calling out to God to save us but thus we come back to pride. Seek His face. What does that mean? That means seeking what God's will is. Are we reading our Bibles or it It just a boring book of stories that doesn't really apply anymore to our sophisticated society? The Word of God is just as relevant today as It was 2000 years ago. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We are the ones that keep changing or do we? The Babylonians were the same way. The Israelites kept wandering and being taken captive for being prideful and not needing God and not seeking His face. I want to stop wandering around in the desert. So I hope that you will join me in getting on your knees and seeking God not just for today but everyday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...