Monday, October 8, 2012

Some Yummies

I have been cooking some good things lately, if I do say so myself.  Some recipes I copied from Pinterest and some I just made up by myself.  Here is what we have been eating recently!

Pumpkin Muffins(from Pinterest)
1 box cake mix(I used butter yellow from Betty)
1 15oz can pumpkin

Mix with mixer and put into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Top with powdered sugar or brown sugar or cinnamon sugar or chocolate sauce while warm.  These are so very good and not too pumpkiny!

Beef pot pie
Boil beef roast or beef stew meat in water, salt and pepper until tender.
Remove meat and thicken with flour roux.  Add meat back to pot and add whatever veggies you would like.  I added potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion cut up.  Cook in pot until veggies are almost done.  Pour mixture into 2 deep pie crusts and then top with regular pie crusts and seal with fork.  Brush with egg wash and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until crust is flaky and brown.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!  Both are new recipes for my house but are going to become staples this winter.  They are so good!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...