Monday, October 17, 2011

Friendships are Difficult

One would think that at 37 years old, making friends would not be difficult.  Oh but it is!  When I was really young, I made friends with everyone.  In high school, I had many acquaintances but few friends.  I had too many secrets that I just couldn't share.  In my 20s, I met the man who would become my best friend and we got married.  Most people know that marriage can change friendships.  So can moving and so can having babies.  Friendships morph and fade and strengthen.  But now, I find it so difficult to find a friend who wants to put the same amount of effort into a friendship.  We are just at different stages of busyness that don't often coincide with each others schedules.  I just need someone with whom I can talk and share my inner most thoughts with who understands me and doesn't judge me.  I want to listen to someone who has things to share about herself and offer solace or rejoice in her successes.  Why does it have to be so difficult?  I have many acquaintance with whom I click really well but life sometimes just gets in the way and I get left out or left behind.
But, enough with the pity party I am throwing for myself.  This is my 1st week in joining the Friends You Love Blog Hop.  I didn't have anyone to Guest Post this week but I am seeking someone who host for next Monday.  If you are interested, comment and give me a link to one of your posts.  Can't wait to hear from you!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...