Thursday, October 23, 2008

Niceness

Has the concept of niceness gone out of fashion? Is customer service dead? When dealing with people over the phone or at a store, do you find that some people are just rude? I know that they are getting paid little money but they know that when they apply, don't they? Do cashiers actually greet you when you walk up to the register or drive through the window? I know that Chick-Fil-A does this well. Those kids(and adults) are always friendly. I am not sure whether they are trained that way or if CFA is just recruiting different types of people. I was in a doctor's office the other day and they lost my appointment. I had the card and everything reminding me of it but they had no record in their computer of my intended visit. Michael had taken off work to watch the kids so I wouldn't have to schlep them in the office with me. Even with all my proof, they told me that there was nothing they could do and to come back later when it was convenient for them. What???? I was upset!! They never even apologized. That would have gone a long way towards curbing my anger at them. I got over it, I guess!
I do have to say that when I was at Ingles the other day, I had the nicest cashier. She went out of her way to speak to me and while I was bagging my own groceries she told me about her life and asked about mine. When I left, she told me to be safe going home and to come back soon. I am almost 100% positive that she actually meant it!
Since I am in the customer service biz, come on to Mezzaluna and I'll be nice to you(maybe) and you'll get good pizza, as well!
Thank you and come again!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...