Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Twas the Time....

Twas the time before bed and up and down the hall,
Not a creature was stirring, not even Meatball.
The children were tucked in their beds with great care.
In hopes that tonight, they would stay there.

The laundry was nestled all snug in its drawers
And the dishes were cleaned until there were no more.
Dad is at the computer and I in the bath
We are hoping just to have time to relax.

When out in the hall, there arose such a clatter.
I sprang from the tub to see what was the matter.
As quickly as possible I ran across the floor
Turned the knob and threw open the door.

The light from the room shone into the hall,
illuminating feet that are very, very small.
And what to my wondering eyes should been seen
Small little children who should already be clean.

Sweet little eyes and chubby little cheeks
It is my son and he came to take a peek.
Quick like lightening, his siblings they came
And I as his mom began yelling their names.

"Get in bed, Isabela, AJay, Summie and Ella
or you will be some sorry little fellas.
To your rooms rights now and leave me be.
I need a few minutes of peace. Can't you see?"

They take off to their beds lest they see my wrath
All I wanted to do is to take a hot bath.
I don't know who installed the alarm on the floor
of the bathroom but I don't want to see it any more.


This is a poem I wrote in the bathtub the other night.  Can anyone relate?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...